A GoPro gimbal is a handheld camera stabilizer made to improve your GoPro image quality when shooting in movement. There are many different types on the market, making it hard to decide which one you want to use. Cost considerations, the ease of use and the image quality you get from using it are the main things to look for in the best GoPro gimbal.
A gimbal is definitely one of the things you will need to get those clear, stable shots that are so important when recording the action with your Go Pro. Below are the top rated and best GoPro gimbals for the money.
Best GoPro Gimbal Reviews
1. Feiyu G5 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Action Camera Stabilizer for GoPro HERO5 HERO4 HERO3
- Accommodates LCD Touch Backpack
- 3 Axis Powered Gimbal
- 420-degree Pan/Tilt, 100-degree roll rotation
- Will need updating to latest firmware
Designed with usability in mind this unit will attach and give you the steadiness you need in your still shots and videos. Plenty of flexibility and control, this moderately priced unit is readily available on Amazon.
2. Glide Gear Scorpio 3 Axis Action Camera Gimbal Stabilizer w/ Adapters
Excellent torque and shockproof aluminum alloy applied and CNC processed 3 Axis stabilizing gimbal set Total weight (without batteries) 335g. Gimbal (minus Go Pro) 215g Great with any Go Pro Accessory Comes with a pole adapter
This one stands out with its long cord and can be attached to any GoPro mount. The Gimbal functions fine, it is a good choice for intermediate use Well made, it functions like it is supposed to for those action shots and stills. Enjoy clear shots and amazing video with this gimbal as part of your GoPro gear.
Related: Best GoPro cameras deals
3. Feiyu Tech G4-QD Quick Dismantling 3-Axis Gimbal for GoPro Hero3, 3+ 4 and similarly shaped action cameras
This gimbal is very good at battery life and gives plenty of useable video without having to do it over again because it is quite steady. It is cheaper than other models with the same specifications.
- Affordable and quick dismantling this 3 Axis Gimbal is good for the HER03. 3+, and similar cameras
- This is the latest model available and can be used with other, similar cameras.
- The Quick Disbursement feature is for easy connecting and disconnecting the GoPro.
- Compatible with Feiyu extension bars and remote
- 320-degree pan/tilt rotation and 100-degree roll rotation
Quick to set up and begin using, use attached to a drone for really smooth operation. Long lasting battery life. This is the top pick of the three reviewed here and you will enjoy having a steady shot in stills or videos.
Depending on the use intended, the best GoPro gimbal for might be different from another user. Make sure you get a one compatible with your GoPro camera. However, any of these top rated GoPro gimbals will perform extraordinarily well and give you the results you need in order to get clarity and steadiness in your recorded adventures!